Here is an ultimate beginner guide to dropshipping from AliExpress. After reading this article, you will fully understand AliExpress dropshipping. In this article, I’ll try to cover all major aspects of AliExpress dropshipping by these 4 parts:
1. What’s AliExpress Dropshipping?
2. What’s the Benefit of AliExpress Dropshipping?
3. How Can I Start AliExpress Dropshipping?
4. FAQs of AliExpress Dropshipping?
Before talking about AliExpress dropshipping, let’s first figure out what is dropshipping. Dropshipping is an eCommerce business model that Customer places the order and pays the retail price to Retailer (you), Retailer forwards the order details to Supplier and pay wholesale price. And then Supplier ships the products directly from their warehouse to the Customer. Profits come from the difference between the retail price and wholesale price. No need to carry inventory, low risk, less investment. You can run a dropshipping business online from anywhere in the world and sell worldwide. For AliExpress dropshipping, the procedure is the same, and AliExpress plays the role of supplier to ship the products to customers.
AliExpress released dropshipping program in 2018. Numberless dropshippers joining in AliExpress dropshipping program every day demonstrates the growing popularity and opportunities of AliExpress dropshipping. Joining in and dropshipping with AliExpress is easy and beneficial to you:
- Complete in product categories. It has over 100 million items with lower price and good quality for you to source from. Mostly, you can find what you want to sell on AliExpress.
- Free shipping for most products. It provides various kinds of shipping methods and most products charge $0 shipping fees. Besides, it supports shipping to over 200 counties. So, by sourcing from AliExpress, you can free shipping to most countries you want to sell to!
- Complete return and refund system. AliExpress has a strong buyer protection system witha full money back guarantee. This is important for dropshippers. It’s impossible to eliminate return and refund required by your clients. And this system works well in helping managing these problems and protecting you from losing money.
- No limit and no entry fees. You are free to decide what to sell and how much to sell to your customers. No entry fees or other requirements to join in AliExpress drop shipping program.
- AliExpress whitelist especially for dropshippers. Applying for AliExpress whitelist enables you to place order using AliExpress official API, unlock order placing and payment limitation, and get special dropshipping service from AliExpress.
- Integration with useful dropshipping tools. Dropshipping apps are essential on your road to success. Here must be emphasized is ShopMaster, unique official dropshipping partner of AliExpress. ShopMaster streamlines and automates your dropshipping business workflow, which makes your work more efficiently and easily.
Launching a store can never be easy. However, now you will move forward much easier with ShopMaster. Just a few minutes, you can master the whole procedure of AliExpress dropshipping and set up a store of your own. I’ve concluded the detail steps to launching the store:
* Be ready to these before starting:
- Prepare two cards for payment and collection.
- Select the sales channels that fit you. Shopify, WooCommerce, Magento,eBay, etc. If you want to reduce running fees and self-hosted on your domain, the WooCommerce and Magento will be suitable for you. Shopify, a popular eCommerce platform, that enables you to create your own site too, but unable to create your own domain. For eBay, obviously, you can get traffics from it.
- Select the most profitable dropshipping products. This is one of the most key factors and depends on how many sales you can get. Also, it’s a difficult thing for beginners. Here is a guide to find winning products from AliExpress for you if you don’t know how to start.
Now let’s start to set up your store easily with ShopMaster, here I take Shopify as an example:
a. Create a Shopify store. You can start a free 14-day trial.
b. Sign up a ShopMaster account and connect your store to ShopMaster.
c. Import products. Go to AliExpress and select the ideal products and click “import to ShopMaster” to import directly if you installed ShopMaster extension. Or you can import by copying product’s URL one by one or in bulk by copying category URL.
d. List products to Shopify store. After importing to ShopMaster, edit, and import to your Shopify store directly. Now your clients can place orders to the products from you.
* Besides importing, you’re away from managing orders with low efficiency. ShopMaster has perfect features for order management. You can auto order and auto-sync tracking numbers-just a few clicks!
Does AliExpress work well with a Shopify store?
Yes, of course. There is no limit of sales channel to dropship to from AliExpress. You can drop ship from AliExpress to your Shopify store profitably. Basically, most of the products you wish to sell can be found on AliExpress. With its dropshipping partner, your business workflow will be streamlined and automated and dropship easier than before.
How can I find the USA suppliers?
Most of AliExpress suppliers come from China. But there are some US-based suppliers. You can find them out through tons of suppliers by filtering by “ship from” conditions. Of course, if you use ShopMaster, just set a ship from warehouse/country in the ShopMaster system, it helps you select the US shipped products automatically.
How long does it take to deliver the products from AliExpress?
It depends on the ship from address, ship to destination, and shipping methods you choose. ePacket is available for most products. If you want a quicker delivery, you are suggested to use ePacket, as shipping times will be much shorter.
Do people know that the product came from AliExpress when I dropship?
Usually, they don’t. The package will have no signs of AliExpress. But sometimes suppliers of AliExpress will attach their business cards or price tag etc to the package. So you’re suggested leaving a note to the suppliers. Most of them support dropshipping business and will be happy to assist you.
P.S ShopMaster has settings to leave such note to suppliers automatically.
How can I handle returns when dropshipping from AliExpress?
AliExpress has a strong buyer protection system with full money back guarantee. When the customers unsatisfied with the products and require a return or refund within the agreed return policy, which you set according to the supplier’s policy. Then you should contact the supplier to manage the return or refund. The procedure will be Go to your AliExpress account All orders Open dispute. You are allowed to seek AliExpress team for help if unsatisfied with the result.
How do I pay when I am dropshipping from AliExpress?
The procedure will be: Buyers place orders and make payment to you according to the retail price you set by you. Once you received the money and you purchase the goods from suppliers on behalf of your buyers and make payment for the goods according to the supplier’s price. And the payment methods vary according to suppliers’ payment policies.